Sunday, August 20, 2006

Day 28 - Inspiration

To sleep when you think your dreams are dying, you got to be actually dead. -Leo da Mirci.

It is 9 a.m in the morning now. I have not slept. I lied down to sleep at 5 o’ clock in the morning. Till seven, I could not sleep. My name was not on the list. I jumped out of the bed and wrote a mail to the Professor asking him to reconsider his decision. I was waiting for a reply, as if he would check my mail at morning 8 o’ clock and reply. I kept on clicking the Refresh button. I knew it. I had gone mad. 10 minutes and he actually replied. I thought it would be a positive reply. It was not. I cried. As if somebody close to me died. I did not cry or feel sad when almost every company kept on rejecting me during my Summer Internship placements. It was only five to ten minutes of sadness and not even a single drop of tear when I came to know that I did not get a PPI Call from the company where I did my summer internship, something which I was so sure of. But for this, such a small thing I cried. Academics never made me cry. But there are always first times.

Nothing. It was just selection for an elective, called Social Entrepreneurship. Something that is close to my heart. Everything that is close to my heart. I thought that this course is going to help me more than anything I have learnt, to achieve my dreams. Except my close friends, I never tell anybody what I want to achieve in life. Not even in my B-School interview. I actually had written a write-up telling the Professor my aim and even who is going to help me achieve it. I never even go plead a Professor for extra marks which I don’t deserve. When people do it, I feel like they are begging. Yesterday night after I found my name missing in the list, I thought of begging him to take me into this course. I would never talk to a Professor (or for that matter anybody) to build rapport just for getting things done for me. I think it is losing self respect which I value a lot. Yesterday night I decided that I would go down to any level to get into this course. Generally, I used to think a lot before getting any sort of help from friends. Yesterday, I even thought of asking one of my friends to drop out from the course so that I can get into the course.

He gave me reasons…. that social entrepreneurship is different from business entrepreneurship, that the selection was based on the write-up I gave; it would be unfair for others etc. etc. But my mind refused to accept all these. I replied him asking for an appointment to discuss it. The last resort… He replied immediately saying that I could discuss with him anything except this issue.

I cried again. It was as if I failed in the first step towards my dreams. As if, somebody else snatched my dreams away from me. I was jealous for everyone who had taken the course. All negative feelings rushed in. I started writing this blog. Then, my mobile rang.

She never calls me in the morning. Yesterday night we did not talk. So she called me today morning. I picked up and she said “Eppo kalyanam pannikalam (When shall we marry?)”.

Bloody ****. To hell with everything else…. Now, this course means nothing to me. Now, I don’t care about whether the course is offered to me or not. I can achieve everything even without this course. Nothing can stop me now. Even if nobody else is there with me, I will do what I wanted to.

Sorry....We will do what we wanted to.

There is much more that inspires than information. - Leo da Mirci.

11 comments:

Priya said...

:) :) :)

Anonymous said...

Good that u realised it... u were a fool when u cried for that. It doesnt matter what subjects u study here. What matters is what u are made up of..... Nothing can prevent u in achieving something if u set ur eyes on something. How can a silly proff prevent ur dreams ????
btw ..eppa kalyanam :)

karthik

Anonymous said...

btw @ priya
enna siripu vendi kadakku... paya evalavu emotionala blog ezthui irukkan..... kekebekenu sirikira :((

karthik

Craze Maze said...

Priya, naanae nonthu poi ezhuthirukken enna :) :) ??

Karthik, lucky I came to know it only after the chess match...

Btw, still I feel for not attending class with all my friends...

Anonymous said...

come on dude... attending classses with friends is a 0.0001% part of life ??...nyways u are there with them through the day and night..doesnt make any difference.
and chess match doesnt make any difference in anyone's life ...... play that in the spirit of game. u lose some, u win some...but u never lose ur life. Seeing the bigger picture is the most important thing..... will stop here...

karthi

Craze Maze said...

Dei ippa naan enna sollittaennu ippadi advice kudukkura... please da vittududa...

Anonymous said...

:):) stopped..period.

karthik

Priya said...

to the 2 stupid interpretors.. :)) means kekabekenu sirippu... :) means a glad smile.. :) :) :) apdinaa santhosama sirikarennu artham

Anonymous said...

hmm..Great that you poured out your worries here.Well dude..What am I to tell you!!I had always wanted to be a computer engg. But here, the first year is common and no branch is allocated.At the end of year-1 depending upon my performance they stream me into some specialization.Due to so many reasons my score in year-1 was not upto the mark.So i couldnt make it to something i dreamt of.I was not given comp engg which i loved to do.But,if i have to mourn over that,i will have to do it for the whole of this life time.

Rather i learnt to accept things i have,Love what am doing and to think that this is the best. my mom used to tell me when i fail to get something i badly wanted, "chi chi inda pazham pulikkum nu poitey iru"...Simple!!

Good one here buddy...Keep your spirits high!

Anonymous said...

err..I dont sound advicing..do i??

Anton nigel said...

Good da! enjoy

But i never knew it is so hard to get into a Elective in XL, anyway crying for not getting selected is too bad, It is not the characterestic of the ashok I know!