Friday, February 17, 2006

Day 14 on February 14

A moment in time when I am the happiest person in the world - occurred today!!! And it is time to celebrate it with a crazy blog.

After reading the last blog, Sathish told me, “dey…read your blog.. frank feedback.. its not interesting da..”.

Hearing that, I wanted to come up with a decent blog on February 14th. I wanted it to be titled ‘Day 14’. But, I couldn’t find time to write a blog titled ‘Day 14’ on February 14th. Now, if I have to come up with a blog titled ‘Day 14’ on February 14, I will have to wait for one more year. I can do that, but till that I will not be able to update my blog (for a year). So I decided that instead of waiting for a year, I will title my blog Day 14 on February 14. This way I will be satisfied that I wrote a blog titled Day 14 on February 14.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few funny facts about Valentine’s day that I swear you wont know…

Who is Valentine?

Valentine according to Webster’s dictionary is a masculine name. According to “Leo da Mirci”, Valentine is derived form the word ‘valence’ - the capacity of an element to combine with another to form a new molecule (which is obviously right). So the best choice for Valentine would be the element with the highest valency, possibly Osmium/Ruthenium with a valency of 8.

What is Valentine’s Day?

Valentine’s Day is a time span of 24 hrs starting at 12 midnight on February 14th (inclusive) and ending at 12 midnight on February 15th (exclusive). Though Valentine’s Day is called Valentine’s day, we still can see that there is also a night on Valentine’s Day. This is a contradiction. Moreover, Valentine’s day does not belong to Valentine alone. It belongs to everyone. This is another contradiction. However, on Valentine’s day the sun rises in the east. This is not a contradiction.

When does it fall?

I pity February 14th. Every year Valentine’s Day falls on February 14. Won’t it hurt for February 14th, if something keeps on falling on it again and again every year? Somehow we human beings, having a humane mind should stop this occurrence. Anyhow, if you analyze the occurrence carefully, you will find that Valentines Day falls on February 14th, exactly on February 14th every year. This is an amazing coincidence. You will find nothing else that is coincident here, since I cannot think of anything else.

Why does Valentine’s day fall on February 14th?

Valentine’s day is all about the bonding between a female and a male. Shortly, F & M bonding. In the series of months, such a bonding occurs only between February that starts with an F and March that starts with an M. Of these, the first choice would be February. (because ‘first’ starts with an F and ‘February’ starts with an F).

According to Swami Shiv Shankar, a close friend of mine it falls on 14th because there are 7 days in a week and there are 2 people involved in love. But according to me, it falls on 14th because almost all the relationships of love start with a 2 lettered word HI. The first word the lovers speak is a HI. Now, use a calculator to find out that an inverted 14 will give you a hi.

How does Valentine’s day fall?

There are no exact answers for this question. Though scientific research is going on, the only thing that is sure is that the day falls as time falls. Time falls when your watch falls. Watch falls when your strap fails. The strap fails when water falls with force on it when you are taking bath. Water falls with force from waterfalls. Hence, Valentine’s Day falls like waterfalls.


That’s much info about Valentine’s day for now. Enough of crazy funda. This is what occurs to people when you don’t have a Valentine to celebrate Valentine’s days. Sema kadups!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, after too much of talk about ‘days’, another small interesting information about days in my blog.

As we all know, “the end of every day is the start of another”. Check it out in my blog. I have tried to maintain it throughout my blog.

5 comments:

Sathish said...

As usual pretty innovative and interesting thoughts..

This is an interesting blog.. and from now on I am going to rate your blogs on CQPI. ( you are a seven pointer, so I know if I give low grading you shall work hard to improve it)

This blog rating B+
your day 5 and day 2 blogs absolute A+ with distinction.

Luv ya
VVS podhu cheyalalar

Satin

Craze Maze said...

Sathish,

Unga aaseervatham enakku ennaikkum vaenum. Varuthamulla Vaalibar Sangamae ungala nambi thaan irukku.

seyal said...

Can't believe you still dare to quote Leo da mirci......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:And_now_for_something_completely_different..._Bad_Jokes_and_Other_Deleted_Nonsense

Craze Maze said...

Cant believe you still dont realise the truth about Leo da Mirci. :)

Priya said...

hav read this post before.. but today when i read it again i cudnt stop but laugh aloud!!