Friday, January 20, 2006

Day 9 - Ambigrams & Anagrams

A decision I took during my school days has been following me like a ghost till today and has been haunting me every now and then. During my school days for reasons unknown, I hd decided that I will not speak in English ever. This followed the very simple logic that one can live in this world without reading English novels or speaking in English. We are Tamilians, aren’t we?? We, at school used to make fun of all those guys who uttered even one word in English and called them all fools… Later I realized (during my campus intervews in college) who the real fool was…I realized that I had to improve my spoken English skils and vocabulary a lot. Though I have worked hard evr since I came out of college, I find it difficult to give a presentation even now. However there has been tremendous improvement between now and then. The biggest learning for me was that one shoul never underestimate the power of knowledge.

Ever since I started reading English novels (which was from October 2004), I have tried to find time to read more and more. So now I have got a chance to say Sidney Sheldon or Jeffrey Archer when somebdy asks who my favourite author is, instead of saying something like RajeshKumar or Sujatha, which is the truth. Ambigrams in Angels and Demons and anagrams in Da Vinci Code fascinated me like anything. Crypti crosswords, palindromes - everything in English fascinated me. I have always wanted to design an ambigram out of my name. Finally I did it. Though it might not be perfect, I have put it in here for you…




Coming back to the underestimation of power of knowledge,

Leo da Mirci often says that this happened in Mahabharatha… I don’t know how far it is true…

Dhuriyodhana underestimated the Paandavs because they were very few in number. He used to often make fun of them saying that the battle at Kurushetra was a battle between a few Paandavs and the mighty Gauravs. He failed to understand the fact that though the Paandavs were a few in numbers, they had the information and ability and also the power of Lord Krishna with them. Finally after Gauravs lost the battle, Krishna went to Dhuriyodhana and said,

“Now we few won”

- Now, that’s a palindrome to end this blog.

6 comments:

nagfa said...

Good effort on the ambigram AND the palindrome!

visit our blog at
http://nagfa.blogspot.com/
for our own ambigram designs.

Anonymous said...

Great work on the ambigram da!!!

Anonymous said...

I think Einstein could have beat Pandavas themselves coz he says that Imagination is more powerful than Knowledge and he is in deed a man of great imagination.

Craze Maze said...

priya, enna ha ha??? is it funny!!!

santosh, what is the raltaion between this blog and einstein!!! Just because he is your grand father you have written something about him!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice..Some word can never be expressed ..if i find that exact word i'll send you...

Close-uP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.