Monday, January 16, 2006

Day 8 - Once upon a time in Decilorf

Get them as friends who want to get you as friends” – Leo da Mirci often says.

This year didn’t start well for me, at least in this regard. I broke the first New Year resolution I ever made, and that too in a day. I couldn’t wish the first person I wanted to wish. I didn’t wish my best friend on his birthday. I didn’t make the only call I want to make in life and the first journey I made this year made me feel lonely. Really I feel like getting back on time and trying to start the year better.

Every year is strange to me. Every day is strange to me. They start different, they give me different experiences and end different. Today too was. I feel like I am back to grad. college days. I am awake when the day starts, I cut morning classes, I don’t study for exams and finally now I am hearing ‘Ninaivugal nenjinil pudhaindhadhanaal’ from Autograph.

‘Enai vaasikka mannil evarumillai
Enakke enakke ennai pidikkavillai
Kaaranam kettaal theriyavillai’

I feel like I want to go another world. I have always wanted to be in a different world. It is a world where everybody is equal. I call this place Decilorf.

There is no competition, hatred or injustice there. People fly with the wind and walk over the sea. Everybody understands every language. Nobody owns anything. Everything is available free of cost. Wherever you go you get a house to stay and whenever you want you get food to eat. Diseases, infections and viruses don’t exist. You get medicine to lessen your sorrows. There are no exams, cases, GDs and interviews. All jobs are paid the same. You get “Ananda Vikatan” all the time.  

You can go home whenever you want, in a second. You can talk to your parents whenever you want. You can go back on time and apologize for your mistakes. You can go back on time and correct your mistakes. You can go back on time and mend relationships. Friends are always there for you. Friends never complain. Friends are committed. Friends don’t commit mistakes.

You can be at two places at the same time. When you have classes you still can be eating dinner with your parents. Mobile phones do not interrupt you when you want to be alone. Mobile phones do not interrupt others when you want them to be with you. Children play games, play games and only play games. Children are always happy and parents are never unhappy with their children. Nobody smokes, nobody drinks and nobody misbehaves there. Everyone knows every other person. Everyone loves every other person.

And finally the only two things that I fear in my life don’t happen in Decilorf…

Death of the people I love most and death (rejection) of my love.

The following is a dialogue between me and Leo da Mirci a few months before he went on Coma.
===============================================================
Leo: I loved my girl so much that I couldn’t express it to her.
Me: Oh!!! the age old funda… Love can never be expressed in words... isn’t it?
Leo: No…No…
Me: Then what? You love your girl so much… and didn’t you want to experience the happiness of hearing a Yes from her?
Leo: Yes I did… But…still I didn’t propose…Because I would never ever want the experience of hearing a No from her…I was ready to sacrifice anything, for not hearing a No…I sacrificed hearing a Yes!!!
===============================================================

Of course like you I felt that Leo da Mirci is a coward…But still sometimes I feel that he is brave to take such a decision.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

last conversation between leo and u touched me. guess u watch a lot of tamil movies.

keep scribbling. It makes a passionate read.

Ur fan

Shanks_P said...

Nothing is acheived and nothing is lost for ever. Its always a stream of thoguhts that gush through your mind for an instance and the mind set will change once the stream is dried up or overflown by another gushing stream of powerful thoguhts