Thursday, November 10, 2005

Day Two - Idli Sambhar

Understanding this blog might be a little difficult for ordinary human beings. If you reach the end of this blog pat yourself. You are a genius.

After a long time I played badminton yesterday. I played it for a long time yesterday. Not only because I had not played it for a long time, but because I wanted to play badminton for a long time since I stopped playing, but got a chance only yesterday.

My inspiration for crazy things was through of a friend of mine in college called Santosh. We started with things like 'An apple a day keeps a doctor away. But a doctor a day does not keep an apple away'. People thought we were crazy. But they later realized that they were wrong. After all this is what they called logical reasoning in CAT. I am not kidding. This really helped me a lot in CAT. One of the most crazy logical reasonings I have ever heard is from the movie 'Pammal K Sambandham' - "Kaathaadikku vaal irukkungurathukkaha kurangu parakkuma?" (Can a monkey fly just because a kite has a tail?). Incidentally 'Crazy' Mohan who came up with that was from my college, College of Engineering Guindy.

I wanted every blog of mine to have a theme. The theme for this blog is 'Idli Sambhar'. Let me start with Idli Sambhar and find where it goes. Idli and Sambhar form a very good combination. Idli is one of the favourite South Indian dishes. However China dishes are more popular in the world than South Indian dishes. Here we have to note the fact that China dishes could be made in places other than China whereas a Polar bear is found only in the poles. Since the earth has atleast two poles, the north and the south I hope that the earth is minimum bipolar. I used to call my aunts minimum, if she it is my mother's younger sister or maximum if she is my mother's elder sister. Actually one of my minimums(mother's sister) is a sister(nun) and hence I have decided to call her sister-square. The word square takes different meanings in different contexts. Take for example 'Anna Square'. It is called so in remembrance of only one 'Anna' but still it is called Anna square. The only reasoning I can think for the two Annas - One is the one who is dead and the other is the one who still lives in the hearts of some people. Marina beach is in Anna square. It is one of the longest beaches in the world. That is because many people in Tamilnadu long to see it and because of financial constraints they are not able to see it. I think any ordinary human being can relate to their emotions - 'Inability to see and Inability to see the sea'. 'All people are emotional. Some are more emotional than others'. Look at the beauty of the English language. When you replace(use Ctrl + H) emotional in the above reasoning with equal it becomes a famous quote. If you need some help with replacing things, or any other help for that matter just press the key F1. I am not talking about Formula 1, which is a key topic for the press. If there is one and only one formula (if you believe F1 is a fact) how will the whole world survive(especially Mathematics teachers)?. They would have no occupation at all. They will have to become entrepreneurs and finally end up working as cleaners or cooks in local restaurants(ada kaiyenthi bhavans) cleaning china dishes or making Idlis and Sambhar.

Well that is all about Idlis and Sambhar. I think by now you all have a fair idea of Idlis and Sambhars and so I take leave. After writing this blog I realize how true Leo da Mirci is when he says,

'Time never runs. People run. That is why no person in this world has time. So if you want to have time, don't run.'              

12 comments:

Sathish said...

Though I think I am the only person to read your blog, I think its really wonderful..

infact I got a theory which connects your thought process. hmm I shall explain it when I meet you.

Chalo, Again Leo da mirci quotes are amazing

s

Craze Maze said...

May be there are only three intelligent people in the world. Two are Leo da Mirci and Sathish and modesty prevents me from saying the third.

Anonymous said...

Craze*... u r gonna be the next greatest craze... after women with hair streaked purple n men in pink flowery tops.... Talaiva great!!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous shiva:

women with hair streaked purple nu yaaru G3 ya..

men in pink flowery tops na Srihari ya..

Anonymous said...

Cha... anda loosu G3 ku allam purple hair illa da... thats only for hep girls...
Srihari wears blue flowery tops...

Priya said...

Heights!!!!!! tht's all i cud say after reading the blog

Anonymous said...

enda ippadi kollare ! kamminati ! mooditu poi padi da !

shud i reveal myself ...

cheers

U NO HOO

Anonymous said...

The first time when i felt that i should have a blog of my own and make this fellow read till death!!!

Anonymous said...

I love da Mirci's quotes

Sophie Burne

Craze Maze said...

When compared to your logic on 'time'.. Leo da Mirci is obviously ignorant.. I will never write about the concept of time again.

Anonymous said...

Hey blog abt Coffee was forwarded to me by my friend ........ it was then i started reading ur Idly Sambhar etc Really good logic ....... appadi nee ipadi illam crack mathiri eluthure .. but it is nice relaxation to read ur blog. :-)

Anonymous said...

u r a genius!!
keep blogging :)